Friday, October 23, 2009

Ansley's 1st Week














I can't believe Ansley is already 10 days old! In just the short time that she has been home I already notice ways that she is growing up. Also, when we left the hospital she weighed 6 lbs 2 oz. At the doctor this morning she is already 6 lbs 10oz. Most babies don't even regain their birth weight for about 2 weeks, and she is already past her birth weight. When we left the hospital last Thursday she was a little jaundice. We went to the pediatrician on Monday and he jaundice level had doubled. The doctor suggested supplementing 1 oz of formula after each breast feeding session as well as putting her in the sun for 10 minutes a day when possible. We went back to the doctor Tuesday and then today and her jaundice level is continuing to decrease. We are so happy about that!
Ansley is such a little doll. For the first week, she slept for 18-20 hours a day. We would try so hard to wake her up but she wouldn't have it. Mom and Dad Doyle were at the house when we came home on Thursday. It was so heartwarming to see my parents with their first grandchild. They were so incredibly helpful the entire week. They went grocery shopping and planned and cooked meals for us all week. Mom cleaned my whole house for me and helped me take care of Ansley. She would even get up in the middle of the night after I fed her to stay up with her so I could go back to sleep. Dad was hesitant to hold Ansley in the beginning. He said "she's like a baby pigeon" so small and precious looking. He eventually gave in and spent some time cuddling with his grandbaby. They left yesterday morning :( It was super sad to say goodbye. Dustin and I have a wonderful life here in GA, but it makes me really sad to know that Ansley is going to miss out being close to her grandparents. Hopefully we will all travel more often and see eachother as much as possible.
Ansley has been sleeping pretty well at night. She gets up every 2-4 hours to eat. Most of the time she will go back to sleep, but sometimes she is just wide awake. Breastfeeding is also going pretty well. We had some issues latching on and staying awake for a feeding, but everyday has gotten better and better. I think Ansley and I will be pro's soon enough. Ansley and I got some flowers, gifts, and cards sent to the house the first few days we were home. The house looks beautiful with all the gourgous flowers around. It's so nice to have such loving caring people in our lives.
Ansley really hates getting her diaper changed and especially hates taking a bath. Poor thing screams the entire time we bathe her. Luckily, the doctor said to bathe her every 2-3 days. She absolutely loves to lay on her daddy's chest and sit in her swing. Dustin even plays the guitar for her when she's fussy and she calms down. She also found her thumbs a couple days ago and has started sucking on them occasionaly. Dustin and I were going to try not to give her a pacifier, but in the midst of a crying fit, we gave it a try and she calmed right down. So, now we are trying to save the pacifiers for just night time crying to try and get her back to sleep, but who knows what will happen.
This week has been so exciting, exhausting, and really memorable. I can't wait to see what the future brings for us.
I still have quite a bit of time to stay home with her. My return to work date is January 26th, 2010. I plan to cherish every single solitary moment.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, Look at that little nugget!

    Er, she is so little and cute. I can't wait to meet her!

    Hope you are doing well honey! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete