Wednesday, April 1, 2009

We have a heartbeat!

Today we saw one of the doctors at our practice and heard our little one's heart beat! It was such a great sound, I wanted to hear it longer and longer. We asked if it was "slow or fast" and the doctor laughed at us and gave us some babble with numbers. We had no idea what the numbers meant, so we probed a little further and he said it was "on the faster side". If the old wives tale has any truth, that means our little growing miracle is a girl!! We'll have to wait and see :) They are having me come back in 5 weeks. I wonder if they will do the ultrasound then, or make me come back 2 weeks later for it? I forgot to ask. I really liked this doctor. Hopefully I get one of the ones I like for my delivery. Anyway, it was a very exciting day for us!!
Love,
Elated Erin

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to hear that everything went good! Once they have a heatbeat you are in the clear :) Which doctor did you see? There isn't any that I don't like at that practice. Dr. Tag is def. my favorite, but it is probably because she delivered me. It seems like the sonogram appointment is a seperate one that is all on its own but I'm not positive. You don't want to go too early or you might get the wrong gender.

    ReplyDelete