Sunday, March 29, 2009

12 Weeks & "Growing"




Well, I'll be 12 weeks tomorrow, and I am surely starting to "pop". I can't button my normal pants, so I've been rocking the belly band around my pants for about 2 weeks now. Dustin and I went out yesterday and got me 2 pairs of maternity pants to get me started. My cousin Kelly also lent me a bunch of her maternity clothes, so that will help us a lot. It seems early for me to be feeling so "bloated". Apparently, when your pregnant you worry about every little thing. So, one of my many worries is "should I be getting so big so fast?", so I looked up all kinds of baby belly pics on the internet, and saw everything from not showing at all to being huge at 12 weeks. Everything I read stresses that every woman is different. I actually still haven't gained any weight back from what I lost, so I know thats not why I'm looking quite so big. Also, I wasn't the thinnest crayon in the box to start with :) We will finally hear our little one's heartbeat on Wednesday afternoon! We can't wait. Our days are now filling with planning things like researching family friendly cars since we will have to buy a new car (I have a 2 door), reading as much as we can (atleast I am), and also researching local child care centers (apparently we needed to start doing this "now", who would've known??).


Love,
Big Bloated Erin


4 comments:

  1. You look so cute! That is def. a baby belly!!!! Maybe there is more then one :) I would love to have had twins, get it all done in one shot and have built in playmates. I just want to warn you, sometimes you can't hear the heartbeat even if everything is fine. If this happens, they will give you a sonogram and you can see the baby's heartbeat so while it is terrifying in the end you get to leave with a picture and you can hear it during the sonogram. They couldn't hear Layna's at the 12 week appointment but she was just fine. I just want you to know in case that happens. It is a scary few minutes waiting on the sonogram tech but if you know that it is normal in advance it is a little easier. Thank you for keeping the blog updated, it makes it a little easier for me since I don't get to see you regularly during this special time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More than one ??? Ahhh! That'd be a bit crazy! Thanks for the warning, you're the second one who's told me that, so I'll be prepared (but I'm sure I'll still freak out a little).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this is positively a baby belly - Erin you look so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your baby belly <3 I can't wait to rub my hands all over it in June!!

    ReplyDelete