Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Beginnings of a Beautiful Nursery

The baby's room is finally underway! Dustin spent 5 days painting. For some reason, the walls just ate up the paint and it took 4 coats and 3 gallons of paint. Dustin wouldn't let me see the room at all once he started painting it, so it was a long anxious 5 days of waiting. He also put together the crib for me before I could see it. Today, he put together the glider. It's coming along nicely :)




Here is the color of the room before Dustin painted it. It was a very ugly purple. We never changed it after moving into the house 2 years ago since it was just a guest bedroom. You can also see all the random baby stuff we have been collecting.


The crib finally put together.




The new color of the nursery is a light pink. You can see my glider. I also covered the futon in a sage sheet since it will stay in the room.

2 comments:

  1. Room looks great and I looove the crib. Is it one of those Cribs for Life?

    Also, the paint... did you use primer before painting over the purple?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pink is a very nice shade. I LOVE the crib!!! Dustin is going to be a great Daddy!!!!

    ReplyDelete