Monday, July 20, 2009

12 Weeks to Go!

End of my 27th week. In LBI.


My painting for our Baby Girls bedroom.


Ultrasound #3- This is a profile of her face. We didn't really get good pics this time.

Ahhh! I cannot believe we are only 12 weeks away from meeting our little girl. I am officially 28 weeks pregnant today, which also puts me in the third and final trimester of my pregnancy. I'm still feeling pretty good. Some sciatica and pain in my hands after waking up every now and then. I've got a few updates:

We just came back from a trip to PA for a wedding and then a vacation to LBI with Dustin's family. We had a great time. I danced during the entire wedding and had a blast. I think everyone was amazed at my stamina at this point in my pregnancy. The beach was also wonderful. We had great weather and loved spending quality time with the future grandparents, Aunt Nicole, and Uncle Scott!

So, you know the painting I was going to work on for the babies room. Well, it's done. I can't decide if I am happy with it or not. I'm not super artsy, but I do think I did a pretty nice job. Dustin thinks it's awesome. I thought a lot about what I was going to paint because I wanted it to be something special. I decided that since the babies bedding has some butterflies on it, I would do something with butterflies. Then, I decided that I would paint 3 butterflies, a daddy butterfly, a mommy butterfly, and a baby butterfly. The daddy would be big, blue, and green. The mommy would be big, pink, and purple. The baby would be smaller than the other two and have a mix of the colors from the mommy and daddy. She would be flying the highest showing all of her potential and her mommy and daddy would be encouraging her. Check out my painting and let me know what you think.
Lastly, we went back to the doctor today for our third ultrasound. Baby girl was overall measuring at 27.2 weeks, which puts her 5 days behind. We found out that the one specific area is pulling her average down a bit is the measurement of her abdomen. It is only measuring about 26 weeks. The ultrasound tech said that this is pretty common. I will be looking forward to hearing from the nurse tomorrow and talking to the doctor at next weeks monthly check-up. I am trying not to worry about it, but what mommy doesn't worry?

2 comments:

  1. So exciting! I love the painting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey loverbug! The painting looks great- even though it does have the devils insects ;) I love the symbolic nature of it!

    I hope you enjoyed LBI. Wish I could have been down there at the same time to see you!!

    Love ya!
    Amers

    ReplyDelete