Monday, July 20, 2009

Rib Cook-Off and a Surprise Baby Shower







Dustin and I planned a BBQ Rib Cook-Off for the fourth of July. I was getting very frustrated with Dustin during the planning process because I was being left out. He just kept telling me that him and his friends had everything under control. Even with those promises, I may have had a couple mental breakdowns in the days leading up to the party ;) During the party, Tessa asked me to drive her to her house (she had a few drinks in her) to get a few things and check on her dog. While we were gone, everyone set up a table outside with balloons, gifts, a cake, and an "advice for the new parents" area. When we got back to the house and I walked out back, everyone yelled surprise. I was completely taken aback because I never expected that our Rib Cook-off would turn into a baby shower. It was a great surprise! This was a great way for all of Dustin's friends to shower our baby girl. She got lots of great goodies, like a safety gate for the steps, tummy time mat, Little Eistein DVD's, bottle basket, teethers, rattles, a hooded towel and matching bath robe, and a Babies R Us gift card. We are very thankful for our great friends :)

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet! Dustin has been an awesome daddy during this prgenancy :)

    ReplyDelete