Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Bedding Fit for a Princess!






































We went to Babies R Us today and got a crib mattress and the crib bedding set we liked. Thanks to the generosity of our friends and family, we were able to use gift cards (and coupons) to buy both things :) The bedding set also came with a diaper stacker and valance which is not up yet. The bumpers won't stay on for too long, but they are cute regardless. We'll keep them on until the baby can move or roll on there own, then we'll switch them to "Breathable Bumpers" which are supposed to be a lot safer. The colors look great with the pink paint in the room. I just love how it looks!
New project? Dustin and I are thinking of each painting a picture for the babies room. Neither of us have much painting talent, but we have an easle, canvas', and paints, so we thought it might be a nice addition to the room and a nice gift for our baby girl. What do you think?
We also went to the doctor for our monthly check-up yesterday. The doctor gave me a prescription for my terrible acid reflux...thank goodness. She also gave me some suggestions for the sciatica pain and randomly numb limbs. My iron was a little low, so they want me to start taking iron supplements. The doctor asked what size Dustin and I were at birth and was suprised how large we both were. She still wants to do another ultrasound to check on baby girls growth. I was a little upset by this (but would never turn down a chance to see my angel again) because it was completely unexpected. I thought that after the last ultrasound, the doctor was happy with her growth. She assured me over and over that we have nothing to worry about...but future mommy's can't help but worry :( I also had my blood drawn for a glucose tolerance test. I won't get those results until Friday night. Cross your fingers for me.
Almost in the 3rd trimester and getting fatter by the day.
Love,
Erin

2 comments:

  1. The room looks great! You remind me so much of myself when I was pg with Layna. I know that it is hard to believe since I am so not by the book now with her but I read all the books and was totally by the book when I was pregnant and during Layna's first 2 years. You are going to be an awesome Mama!I can not wait to see you guys with her. I love the paiting idea. If you really can't paint like myself, do something abstract and artistic:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin! I LOVE the nursery- how cute. Thanks to introducing me to blogging- I love it. Did you see my little shout out to you on facebook? I think it is a really cool idea to do a little artwork for the room! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete